Hey fellow NaNo winners: have you started celebrating yet? I have. On Tuesday night, I went to a Brandi Carlile concert. On Wednesday, I took the morning off to see the Impressionism exhibit at the Milwaukee Art Museum. I’d hoped to have a party to commemorate this year’s NaNoWriMo win—or at least attend one of our local celebration events. But I need to finish an editing project by Monday and attend meetings all day Thursday and Friday—so I am planning to celebrate virtually. Will you join me?
Our virtual party runs through Tuesday at midnight. I’m giving away some fabulous and fun prizes:
1. Email Coaching: You had all of us to help you get through NaNoWriMo–one lucky winner will receive a Six-Session Email Coaching Package (value $150) to help him or her stay accountable during the revision process. The winner will receive a 30-minute coaching call and six encouraging emails.
2. A book: Now that you have finished your book, you’ll need some help and encouragement to revise it and, of course, start the next one. You can do all of that and more with a signed copy of Write-A-Thon: Write Your Book in 26 Days (And Live to Tell About It).
3. Journals. Two of you will win one of these nifty journals for jotting down brilliant ideas for next year’s NanoWriMo project.
4. A beautiful tiara. Sometimes the writing flows better when you are wearing a crown. At least that’s what I’ve heard! Though this red sparkly tiara is made out of plastic, it contains some mighty magical powers!
5. A “All who wander are not lost” bumper sticker.
Pretty great prizes, eh? Each of the following actions will get you an entry into the contest. And yeah, go ahead and do all three!
1. Post your final word count here so we can toast your win with some virtual bubbly! (And let us know how you are celebrating.)
2. Tweet this post with the hashtag #writeathon
3. Follow this blog.
You may enter through Tuesday, December 6 at midnight. On Wednesday I will have the drawing and announce a winner.
And to all of you who participated in National Novel Writing Month, let me just say: you’ve already won! Anyone who takes time to do what they are passionate about is a winner.