Not easy to find the balance, for if one does not have wild dreams of achievement, there is no spur even to get the dishes washed. One must think like a hero to behave like a merely decent human being. —May Sarton, Journal of a Solitude
It’s time to record your visions, dreams, and goals for the New Year. Sometimes the best way to do this is to complete a sentence repeatedly until you run out of ideas. It may take five minutes (or more) to discover what you really want.
Try completing these sentences:
- In the New Year, I want to give up . . .
- In the New Year, I want to take on . . .
- In the New Year, I will rock my life by . . .
- In the New Year, I will strengthen my body and spirit by . . .
- In the New Year, I will work to change my world by . . .
A word of warning—this kind of dreaming can change your life! Try it and see what happens.